Thursday, April 2, 2009

The twelve days of moving

June 11, 2008

We are officially down to a matress, nightstand, dresser, one chair, dining room table/chairs and coffee table. My beloved red couches are gone...along with Jonathon's beloved T.V. Thank goodness we are house-sitting this week or we would have no form of entertainment whatsoever!

I packed up my kitchen/bathroom towels today. I was quite proud of myself for using my towels as packing materials...so it was kinda like a double whammy! I found a lot of stuff from our wedding that I know I have NEVER used (although I am grateful for all of those things)!! For example, a crystal cake plate. I have only made one cake in my life and it fell apart when I tried taking it out of the pan. It was not served on the crystal cake plate. Another example would be a silver serving platter from Pottery Barn. Technically it was used once. Little Jonny saw that our regular baking pans were in the dishwasher (and clean), so he reached in the cabinet and pulled out our finest serving platter, dumped out half a bag of french fries and shoved it in the oven at a whopping 450 degrees! I almost had a cow...just because I know it was probably expensive and well, it's just too classy for frozen, crinkle-cut fries.

We are coming to our last week and a half in the U.S. We will be moving all of our stuff out of our apartment on Sunday...all 3 items. I'm starting to get that knot of excitement and nervousness in my stomach. I don't know why. I guess it could be the fact that I'm going to be living with my parents for a whole week! I'm just kidding- I love them and I'm sure it will be entertaining!Well, that's pretty much all I have to say about that. I'm a little bit sleepy...maybe it's because this blog is not very exciting. I promise more excitement and adventure once we get to Mexico!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment